At a Glance
- A dedicated wedding coordinator works closely with couples, ensuring reception details are meticulously planned.
- Opportunity to host ceremony on site exclusive to Sergeants’ Mess couples
- Exceptional food and service. Award winning executive chef, Robert Crichton, heads a team talented & professional team to deliver a world class dining experience.
- All food made on premise, and a high ratio of staff to guests, Sergeants' Mess offers couples and their guests an ultimate wedding experience.
- Exclusive hire of the entire venue for your wedding date
- Private bridal room
- Complimentary guest parking and shuttle service
- Private tenant wharf for water arrival and departures
Set within the inimitable surrounds of Chowder Bay precinct, Sergeants’ Mess boasts spectacular views of Sydney Harbour Shipping Channels, Watsons Bay, Camp Cove and Rose Bay.
The venue offers an elegant backdrop for weddings of all styles.
With capacity for 250 guests seated and 350 cocktail, Sergeants' Mess will be a truly exclusive offering.
Ceremonies are able to held on site in the beautifully landscaped area next to the venue. This is available exclusively to Sergeants' Mess brides, with the wet weather option inside the venue.
Sergeants' Mess has been renovated and revitalised in a style that pays subtle homage to the simple glamour of the 1960's. It is understated and contemporary in its appearance, using quality materials and finishes to frame the magnificent views.
Sergeants Mess is a glamorous, 1960s style waterfront venue that overlooks Chowder Bay in Mosman, New South Wales, Australia. The understated and contemporary venue hosts weddings. Exclusive hire of the entire venue is an option. Sergeants Mess is operated by Grand Pacific Group, a Sydney hospitality group.
Weddings at Sergeants Mess
The venue has a landscaped site for water’s edge ceremonies. Banquet dinners for up to 250 guests are served in the main dining room, and the bar is available for as many as 40 guests. Sergeant Major’s Room, located on the lower level, has an adjoining lounge area and private harbour deck that accommodates 30 guests.
The culinary team prepares all menu items, which complement the boutique Australian wine list, on-site using locally sourced produce. Sergeants Mess delivers a high ratio of staff to guests to ensure superior service. Amenities offered include the latest in audio visual equipment, a private bridal room, and a private wharf for water transfers.
Accommodation and Tourist Attractions
Accommodation options in the Mosman/Chowder Bay region are numerous. Q Station provides cabins and cottages while Ballantyne at Mosman has studio and one-bedroom apartments. Land's Edge offers group accommodation.
The Chowder Bay area features a complex of historic buildings originally established as a Submarine Miners Depot, and later used by the Australian military. Sergeants Mess, one of these historic buildings, is surrounded by Sydney Harbour National Park. Other tourist attractions in the area include Clifton Gardens, Taronga Zoo, and Balmoral Beach.