At a Glance
Set in the heart of Melbourne, State Library Victoria is a world-class heritage listed wedding venue with a distinctive charm. Celebrate your unique love story in one of Australia's oldest cultural institutions, complete with stunning marble staircases, soaring bookshelves and architecture dating back to the 1850’s.
State Library Victoria Weddings
- Sit Down: up to 280
- Cocktail: up to 700
- Style & History:
- State Library Victoria is the central library of the state of Victoria, Australia, located in Melbourne. It was established in 1854 as the Melbourne Public Library, making it Australia's oldest public library and one of the first free libraries in the world. The Library's vast collection includes over two million books and 350,000 photographs, manuscripts, and more.
- Centuries of history within its various rooms and corridors, feel the life that has come through its doors.
- An architecturally and internally beautiful building, pillars of stone, natural light, hard wood floors, heritage wooden doors, original stain glass windows, marble and much more are to be found.
- Your Dream Wedding: Work with the Showtime Team and you own dedicated Wedding Producer to execute your Dream Day. Our experienced and award winning Wedding Team will find the perfect room, package (can be completely custom made for you!), and elements to create your perfect wedding.
- Price Per Head: $133 - $226 (custom packages also available)
- Stunning Photo Opportunities:
- Complimentary Photography Tour (with a guided escort to all the best spots), valued at $500, these are once in a lifetime photos that you will treasure forever.
- Enjoy special access to areas not available to the public.
- Perfect Year-Round Venue: Completely indoors with air conditioning with heating for winter (Ask us about our Winter Wedding Specials!)